Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fresh vegetables! My kingdom for fresh vegetables!

Tomato, Cherokee Purple OGIt is almost February in Minnesota and although Mother Nature has been kind to us of late, it is still winter and I long for my vegetable garden again. I have already begun the grand scheme and my lovely husband has joined in my pursuit of a bigger and better garden this year. So far, we are planning to raise several varieties of heirloom potatoes. Daughter #1 has chosen the 'All Blue' variety and I have chosen the 'German Butterball'. (I hope I do not turn into a butterball eating them!) My lovely husband would like a solid red potato and has chosen 'Sangre'!
Of course we will grow tomatoes, too! We are still enjoying the canned tomatoes from last summer! The 'Cherokee Purple' was a family favorite and we will plant them again this year, along with plenty of beautiful peppers, kale and collards!
Oh for a fresh vegetable from my garden right about now! What I would not give for the sun drenched taste of a fully ripened tomato today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...