Saturday, February 11, 2012

My dog eats nuts too

This famous line from Anton Checkhov's 'The Cherry Orchard' reminds us how ridiculous everyday conversations can be. In the midst of any halfway normal conversation between two people, someone else, outside of the context of that conversation,can say something that makes the whole thing seem quite other-worldly.
My #1 daughter reminded me of how absurd life can be sometimes (thank goodness, as I tend to be too serious). As I was having a quiet conversation with my husband in the kitchen when all of the sudden she stuck her head through the doorway, gave a loud, zombiesque roar (with facial expressions!) then exited just as suddenly. It was deja vue all over again. 'My dog eats nuts too', and Anton Checklov surely rolled over in his grave with delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...